Following this module, participants will be able to:
- Understand the role of upstream and downstream purchasing.
- Define a purchasing strategy based on in-depth knowledge of their company needs and market trends.
- Maximize the value delivered to the company.
- Understand the fundamental steps of strategic purchasing portfolio management.
- Adapt this process according to the type of global/local organisation (for example within a Lead buyer or Key Commodity Management type organisations).
- Define a plan to execute the strategy.
- Measure the outcome of the strategy.
- Communicate effectively with the different stakeholders.
- This course targets purchasing staff with experience as buyers or in other functions, aiming to assume regional or global purchasing category management responsibility, particularly Key Commodity Managers and Senior Buyers in charge of commodity teams.
Method & Tools
- Workshops will be used to provide participants with the opportunity to apply the tools presented.
- Participants will be asked to apply the methodology to their own commodities.
- Extensive discussions among participants will facilitate a dynamic and interactive learning environment.
- 07th, October 2019
- Certification Programme: Expert Buyer
2 450 € excl. VAT *
* set price for 2019