Following this module, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the different types of inventories.
- Understand the basics of inventory management, when and how much to order, the safety stock, and the various operations related with inventory set-up, handling, maintenance.
- Understand the flows related to inventory management, the demand types and the planning systems.
- Define the meaningful KPI’s.
- Know the main methods of stock valuation.
- Select the appropriate options to optimize inventories.
- Develop an inventory strategy for their supply chain.
- This course is suitable for buyers and sourcing personnel at all levels.
- Particularly useful for purchasing professionals, supply chain managers, procurement managers, warehouse managers, and inventory managers who want to optimize the benefits of maintaining inventories along the supply chain, while reducing their costs.
Method & Tools
- A two-day programme using lectures, visual aids and case studies to give participants a substantial set of information and the opportunity to discuss matters with which they are particularly concerned.
- The seminar explores the numerous practices and conceptual developments in the field of Inventory Management.