Following this module, participants will be able to:
- Know the objective, content and presentation of the 3 main statements included in the financial reporting.
- Calculate ratios and ask questions to obtain a picture of the financial health of a supplier.
- Understand the impact of the cost structure on inventory valuation.
- Assess the consequences of some procurement decisions on the financial statements presentation.
- Identify the basic principles of risk assessment.
- Buyers, Lead Buyers and Commodity Managers.
- People who need to evaluate the financial health of their suppliers or develop strategies to improve the financial performance of their own companies.
Method & Tools
- Presentation of the main financial statements.
- Description of financial ratios and cost management principles.
- Definition and use of net present value and internal rate of return.
- Presentation of methodologies to manage risks and to profile suppliers.
- Business game.