The following topics will be discussed:
- Functional analysis basics.
- Fundamentals of product cost structure.
- Should cost & cost breakdown analysis.
- TCO principles.
The objective of this module is to provide participants with the basic knowledge to understand how suppliers calculate their costs and their selling price.
- Buyers at any level who wish to learn how to use cost breakdown and TCO decision-making tool to better negotiate price reductions with suppliers.
Method & Tools
- A business case study is used.
- Enables participants to analyse each major category of cost.
- Participants constantly challenge the current paradigms and take innovative decisions.
- The participants work in small teams of three.
- They share experiences.
- They learn by making smart decisions and some errors.