Following this module, participants will be able to:
- Understand the international legal framework.
- Identify the risk linked to an “informal” interaction with suppliers.
- List the necessary conditions to have a valid commercial contract.
- Recognise and use some “standard” clauses in contracts.
- Translate commercial needs into legal terms.
- Engage better relation with legal teams.
- Diagnose when and what to report to legal teams to avoid major risks to their company.
- This course is suitable for buyers and sourcing staff at all levels.
Method & Tools
- A two-day programme using lectures, visual aids and case studies to give participants a substantial body of information and the opportunity to discuss matters with which they are particularly concerned.
- The seminar explores the numerous practices and conceptual developments in international operations, as well as risk allocation, constraints and opportunities in the contractual and legal areas.