How can Purchasing be seen differently?
Purchasing was really born a few decades ago – much after sales, or even marketing departments. We were born to secure the supply, and emerged as a function to master the cost impact of suppliers’ prices. But are we only perceived as price-cutters? Can we be recognized as a lever for innovation, sustainable growth, as a guardian of the total cost model? What can we put in place to be seen as an enhancing value function?
- Turn our stakeholders in real ‘internal clients’: work differently with the other functions: switch from a reactive mode to a proactive mode; build new processes in which Purchasing brings initiatives.
- Manage novelty: surprise our internal clients with new relational formats; create events and happenings; innovate in monitoring suppliers.
- Become a storyteller: build examples and stories that explain and exemplify the Purchasing’ value added. Mobilize such stories in a communication plan built on purpose.
- Create the right metrics: complete the existing set of KPIs with measurements of added value, as well as indicators constantly measuring and monitoring satisfaction.
We have designed a survey to identify current practices through which the purchasing function is perceived within corporations.
The survey is divided into four themes:
1st Theme: Building the Perception of an “Internal Client”
2nd Theme: New Relational Formats
3rd Theme: Capitalise on Stories to Tell
4th Theme: Metrics to be Created
The outcomes of the survey will be shared with all respondents and further discussed during the workshop. Confidentiality is guaranteed.
Who should attend?
- CPOs / VPs / Purchasing executives
- Purchasing team manager with a an interest and experience in the topic
- HR Purchasing
- Main purchasing stakeholders with a strong interest in the relationship they have with Purchasing
Benefits for Participants
- Get inspired by examples / best practices from other companies
- Build your vision of the development of Purchasing in your company
- Focus on soft skills : get clear ideas about leadership and the relational dimension of Purchasing
- Exchange with others on actions to take, levers and obstacles to start the change
- Develop your network and share ideas with EIPM club affiliates
François Dousset – EIPM Faculty
Thérèse Sliva-Marion – Purchasing Manager for Energy at Lesaffre
||Welcome and introduction
||Sharing the outcomes of the Research project by François Dousset
||Presentation #1 : building the perception of an ‘internal client’
||Coffee Break and Networking
||Presentation #2 : new relational formats
||Workshops in small groups : initiatives to be taken
||Presentation #3 : capitalise on ‘stories’ to tell
||Coffee Break and Networking
||Presentation #4 : metrics to be created
||What’s next and Closure
ACCOMODATION: There are two hotels at a walking distance from the Conference venue: Best Western Porte Sud de Genève**** and Ibis Archamps Porte de Genève***.
TAXI: We recommend the taxi company Accord Taxi: email@example.com or +33 (0)6 08 23 40 00 (contact person is Jimmy).
VENUE: EIPM Archamps Campus (see on the map below).
ARRIVING BY PLANE: The nearest airport is Geneva International Airport, about 20 minutes from the venue.
ARRIVING BY TRAIN: There are two main Railway Stations in Geneva: Gare Cornavin (located in the city centre, about 45 minutes from the venue) and Airport Railway Station (about 20 minutes from the venue).
ARRIVING BY CAR: The venue is by the A40 highway, exit 13.1 “Archamps Technopole”.
GPS COORDINATES IN DEGREES: Latitude: 46.13476578 / Longitude: 6.12278062
GPS COORDINATES IN GMS.s: N 46° 08′ 05.2” / E 6° 07′ 22.0′