Recognizing outstanding practices
The EIPM-Peter Kraljic Awards recognize the excellence of Purchasing Organisations that act as role models, delivering outstanding performance to their company and demonstrating high level of creativity, innovation and respect for the environment and society.
The companies who decide to take part in the Awards use EIPM's on-line assessment tool BEE-BEST® to benchmark their own practices against those of best in class companies.
A rigorous fact-based nomination process complements this application. Based on the content of the assessment, finalists are assessed during a site visit and winners are selected by a Jury composed of specialists and presided by Dr Peter Kraljic.
Online EIPM assesment
EFQM Business Excellence Model criteria
during a one-day site visit
presided by Dr Peter Kraljic
We like the idea of combining competition and procurement excellence; we also enjoyed the hard collective preparatory work around it; the participation became rapidly the goal (....) Thanks to the EIPM Peter Kraljic Award, we ended up benefiting from a massive internal pride of having been externally recognized: a material sign of recognition we can bring back home.
Every procurement organization and its CPO are eager to know how good they are in what they are doing and what the maturity level of their organization is. Bee-Best tool and the Award competition process offered us the opportunity to get an objective feedback on how much we succeeded in transforming our procurement into a real added-value function within our company. By winning the prestigious EIPM Peter Kraljic Award, we have significantly raised the status and image of the procurement function and improved our recognition within the company as well as in our business environment. This award also served as a major motivator for our entire procurement staff to become a real differentiator for our company.
The use of EIPM Bee-Best process has been a very important milestone during our journey towards operational excellence. It has been an excellent tool to assess and improve our processes. Then it became a very powerful management tool to boost best practice sharing within global Purchasing organization and stakeholders. It delivered a valuable input on talents within purchasing organization. Winning an EIPM Peter Krajlic Award twice was a fantastic motivation for our organization and a unique source of internal and external recognition.
We have participated to the EIPM-Peter Kraljic Awards to access the gap between our current procurement practices against best-in-class references. The resulting diagnostic report was very useful in two aspects, to further develop our transformation roadmap and to confirm the areas we were mastering. The Excellence Award granted to ArcelorMittal Procurement was very well appreciated by both internal as well as external stakeholders, including key clients, not to mention it is a fantastic recognition and motivational event to our teams.
The most efficient way to run the assessment is to treat it as a team project. This teamwork approach permits the most detailed insight into all the aspects of procurement covered by the assessment, as well as accurate visibility of the maturity and deployment of processes and the level of results achieved. This is by far the best way to collect facts, data and evidence.
I consider “Bee-Best” assessment tool as one of the best ones on a worldwide basis to support Procurement / Strategic Sourcing organizations. Within my 27 years’ experience in Corporate Procurement environment (HP, Compaq, Nokia), I found “Bee-Best” as the most friendly, holistic, and professional benchmarking tool. This is not only to understand where you and your organization are in your journey for Excellence in terms of achievement but more importantly how you are achieving and delivering results. It is also a fantastic and methodical way to create with your team the way forward to build your future.
2016 Award Winners
The 7th edition of the EIPM-Peter Kraljic Awards was celebrated on the 8th of December 2016. The winners are:
- Value Creation – ABB DMRO Supply Units Supply Chain Management
- Excellence in Supplier Integration – TOYOTA Motor Europe Purchasing Division
- Innovation and Process Excellence – CERN Procurement and Industrial Services
- The Organisation of the Year – ESSILOR Global Sourcing and Procurement Organisation
- Leadership and Value Creation - STC
- System and Process Excellence - EDP
- Sustainable Value Creation - L’ORÉAL
- The Organisation of the Year - ATLANTIC GRUPA
- Sustainable Future - JOTUN
- Process and Data Management - SAP
- The Organisation of the Year - BOSCH CP/AB5
- Change Leadership - EADS CASSIDIAN
- Extended Enterprise - BEKAERT PURCHASING
- Innovative Business Model - VODAFONE OneSCM
- The Organisation of the Year - ERICSSON Sourcing BNET
- Sustainable Future - LYONNAISE DES EAUX
- Talent Management - VODAFONE
- SRM - BEKAERT
- CRM and Innovation Driven - L’ORÉAL
- Knowledge Management - ARCELORMITTAL
- Risk Management - INFRABEL
- Process Management - GRUNDFOS
- The Organisation of the Year - SANOFI
- SRM - JANSSEN
- Value Creation - SAGEMCOM
- Value Creation for Stakeholders - CLARIANT
- The Organisation of the Year - EANDIS
- CSR - STMICROELECTRONICS
- People Development - JANSSEN
- People Education and Training - KONE
- People Education and Training - HENKEL
- SRM - MICHELIN
- Value Creation - DELPHI
- The Organisation of the Year - NOKIA