EIPM was created in December 1990 by top leading companies - Alcatel, Aérospatiale, Amae, Bull, Cerestar (Ferruzzi), Herberts (Hoescht), Nokia, Pechiney, Philips, Renault - and sponsored by the European Commission, the Rhône Alpes Region and the Haute Savoie department to create an European Executive Education and Training Center in Purchasing Education.
Today through its different programmes, the EIPM trains and educates each year more than 4000 purchasing professionals worldwide in 9 different languages in Europe and through its branches in partnership.
EIPM was the first to:
- Offer an Executive MBA that recognised the strategic dimension of the Purchasing function
- Develop tools for professionals based on applied research
- Establish a shared vision across Europe for the Purchasing function
- Coin the phrase ‘Upstream Purchasing Strategy’
- Respond to the needs of the professions by providing worldwide training solutions
- Offer a European staged certification programme for purchasing professionals.
The EIPM Vision is to be the Leading Institute in Learning (Education, Research and Training) in Strategic Sourcing and Supply Management
Our way of thinking is of paramount importance for the EIPM mission and strategy:
- Professional: We work closely with our clients to provide the solutions that meet their needs.
- Innovative: We provide a complete range of products. We continuously partner with our clients to bring new ideas to market.
- Expert: Through our research, benchmarking and networking activities, we stay at the forefront of the purchasing knowledge
- Cross cultural team player: Our international orientation, our combination of flexibility and proximity are key factors to our client relationships.